Making sculpture feels important to me and I'm good at it. It's not an easy life, and if I could think of something better to do, then I would do that. But I know there's nothing better.
I live near downtown Santa Rosa, CA with my lovely wife. My studio is at home.
Here is the list of things that I've done right in my life:
1. Married my lovely wife in 1995
2. Vegetarian since the mid-1990s
3. Studied sculpture in school
4. Cut off my ponytail in 2004
5. Never stopped making sculpture
A book recommendation from me will usually include Mark Z. Danielewski's House of Leaves and you can't go wrong with the Harry Potter series.
I'm interested in Roman and medieval history, Post-punk music, and bread from a good bakery.
We switched from PC to Mac and it's ok.